To View Children’s Coalition Job Openings, click here.
About the Children’s Coalition for Northeast Louisiana
The Children’s Coalition for Northeast Louisiana is a community based 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization dedicated to creating communities where children and families thrive. In the year 1998, a regional Summit on Youth was held. It was apparent that the area had many successful organizations addressing the different specific needs of children and families. However, the overwhelming message was that the problems confronting families and children demanded more comprehensive solutions. The issues were larger than any one organization could address on its own. There was a clear recognition of how much stronger our communities would be if organizations collaborated and became partners in solving and meeting the needs of children. The Children’s Coalition for Northeast Louisiana came into being as a result of this visionary thinking.
The “coalition” name of our agency reflects our continued belief that the best problem solving for children and families occurs at the local level with coalitions developing collaborative efforts from all parts of the community-non-profits, government agencies, civic and faith-based organizations, businesses, families and individuals.
The Coalition’s primary funding sources include:
Contracts with State Agencies:
- Department of Children and Family Services
- Department of Health and Hospitals
Local, State and National Foundations:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Foundation
- Chase Foundation
- John D. and Kathryn T. McArthur Foundation
- Living Well Foundation
Education Sector Contracts:
- Monroe City School District
- Ouachita Parish School District
- University of Louisiana at Monroe
- Tulane University
- Area 81 Workforce Investment Board
- Louisiana Children’s Trust Fund
- Business Donors through School Readiness Tax Credits
- Individual, Business and Organizational Donors through Membership Donations
- In-kind Donations
- Self-generated Revenues
The Children’s Coalition plays many roles in our community including:
- Researching and collecting data on issues affecting children and families
- Promoting programs and practices that are proven to work for children and youth
- Educating agencies, organizations, and families
- Facilitating change by bringing together people and organizations
- Developing and implementing action plans created with our partners to effect change
- Advocating for change in systems that affect children and families on the local, regional, state and national levels
- One of the statewide advocacy organizations that the coalition works with is the Louisiana Partnership for Children & Families
We serve the northeast region of the state which includes the following parishes: Caldwell, East Carroll, Franklin, Jackson, Lincoln, Madison, Morehouse, Ouachita, Richland, Tensas, Union, and West Carroll.
Working through coalitions, the Children’s Coalition problem solves within four main areas:
We appreciate the opportunity of being of service to this community. If you are interested in joining our organization, please click here.
1363 Louisville Ave,
Monroe, LA 71201, USA map
Phone: (318) 323-8775
Toll Free: (877) 206-0819
Fax: (318) 323-1150